Commercial Solar PV
Mountain View Solar installs solar for all types of businesses, including municipal buildings, water treatment plants, manufacturing facilities, schools, and more. Solar directly offsets electricity use, and batteries can even lower demand charges. Key benefits include:
• Save 30% or more with Federal and State incentives
• Reduced energy bills
• Accelerated depreciation
• Differentiation advantage
• Environmental stewardship
• Energy Storage & Backup, Demand charge reduction
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Incentives for electric car infrastructure make this an ideal time for businesses to invest in solar electric vehicle support.
With electric vehicles having a growing presence on our roads, an increased number of drivers will need to charge vehicles while they shop, run errands, watch a movie, or stay in hotels. Businesses that offer charging opportunities will continue to attract an ever-increasing clientele. mtvSolar often installs car charging stations at hotels and other destinations.
What are Demand Charges?
Demand charges are adders that utility companies charge commercial customers to ensure that they can deliver the maximum power ever needed by the client.
Mountain View Solar can help you slash demand charges in three ways:
1. Install a solar PV array which will lower overall power usage, including demand charge during the day
2. Install battery storage to store power and release it as needed during periods of peak load, therefore reducing demand charges from the utility. This implementation is called “peak load shaving”.
3. Analyze power usage to help further reduce demand charges by changing how equipment is turned on, or adding controls to reduce surge loads.
The best way to charge a battery is with solar power. If we add solar into the mix, instead of only charging the batteries at night, we can charge them quickly when the sun is shining. The end result is a drastically reduced utility bill, with a relatively short ROI. Mountain View Solar can analyze your usage data to determine whether storage is appropriate for your facility.
Mountain View Solar has extensive experience in commercial PV installations in, among them all the largest commercial solar installations in West Virginia. Let us put our experience and talent to work for your business or organization. Solar is considered a business asset and qualifies for accelerated depreciation, which will result in additional tax relief.
Click here to request a free site evaluation and estimate for your business, or call 304-258-4733 and ask for Colin Williams.